Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lush: Fresh Handmade Cosmetics!!!

On Thursday I had a gum graft and a bone graft procedure.  Needless to say, I have been pretty pathetic....
Okay guys, it's safe to bring your eyes back to the computer screen now, this photo probably scared you half to death.  My apologies... I can't believe I actually posted this, but I wanted you all to see how much I look like a Who from WhoVille, this picture doesn't do this little Who the justice she deserves because in real life it's just plain disturbing how much I resemble one.... Apparently I also had a really tramatic night, look how I have sweat beads all over my face?  HIGH FASHION here everyone.... no need to tell me, I already know :)  

And then this morning I woke up with THIS little doozy on the inside of my lip
What's that you ask?  No one knows.  But my husband finds me very sexy right now... :)

Anyway, after making you throw up your lunch, there has been some goodness to all this, can I say, grossness?  Is that a word?  I have found a new FABULOUS website, in all my drab down time, from the best new blog I found called I Heart Betsy (you should all check out her blog, it is bomb), but the website I found there is called Lush, and it's fresh handmade cosmetics.  I am head over heals in LOVE.  I want to buy everything they have, no really, I think I just might.  Out of laziness, I copied this from their website, it explains who they are and what they do....


We believe in making effective products fromfresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.

* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.

Isn't that so rad?!  I am always looking for yummy organic cosmetics, but they are so hard to come by. Here are some goodies on my LONG wish list....

This coconut deodorant.  My mom and husband always tell me how bad anti-perspirant (okay how do you spell that for cryin out loud?) is for you, but I can never find a woman's deodorant without it, I guess I could buy the kind my hub buys but then I'd smell like a man's man, which might be okay, but IF you don't want to smell like a dude, this is it babies!  I can't wait to try it.... mom aren't you proud? Now Sunny won't get Alzheimer's from the aluminum :)

I can never find makeup without SPF in it and I hate the chemicals in SPF, why subject yourself to them unless you're going to be in the sun a lot that day?  Which I'm not..... unfortunately :)  Plus, they make me break out, but what doesn't huh?  Anyway, this stuff looks awesome!  
I think this looks awesome.  It is a cleanser that also exfoliates.  It looks pretty powerful, but we all need a good exfoliation every once in awhile now don't we?  Um, Christie Brinkley for example?!?!  She said her secret is exfoliation.... and if she's doing it, I'M doing it :)  She's a total knockout babe, especially considering she is 57!  I still refuse to believe that...

This is another cleanser that looks great.  It says it is great for oil and spots, which I need.  Plus, it's so cute!
This looks like a great toner.  I'm excited to try it :)
This definitely is my favorite find from Lush.  This banana body cream made out of fresh bananas looks amaze.  Oh my gosh, it makes my mouth water even though it's not meant to eat.  If I get it, Wren might just find me in the bathroom sneaking it into my mouth.  AND who doesn't need a little sympathy sometimes?  You all know I do judging by the first half of this post!

This website also has these cool bath bombs that fizzle in the bath.  They even have ones that turn the water colors, like bright pink, or blue, how awesome it that?  I would have died to have one of these babies when I was little.
I think you should all go check out Lush's website here.... It's been great entertainment for me today in imagining everything I could buy and how I could be magically TRANSFORMED by all of it.... maybe?

And in WRAPPING up the longest novel ever written (my eyes are starting to cross from staring at the computer screen) my bosom buddy (member that from Anne of Green Gables?) Sara brought me this over today:
She knew I needed a pick me up.  And yes, it is as FABULOUS as it looks.  It is Raspberry Bread Pudding from Kneaders Bakery.  It was simply amazing and came RIGHT at the right time, isn't that what bosom buddies are for?!  Love you S!  

Have a GREAT Saturday SLC, I know I will!