Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finished Floors and Onto Baseboards


The floors are officially done!  I couldn't be happier with the color or the sheen.  
Go YOU Wren, I can't believe how much work you put into them.
Hopefully you're slowly coming down from the poly urethane high?

Saturday we started working on the baseboards.  We decided to go with a 5 1/2 inch high square baseboard.  
I love clean and simple and I really like how they are turning out.  
Let me tell you what too, base boarding an entire house is no easy task.  I have some weird shooting pain in my butt every time I walk now, I think from sitting on the hard floors for so long.  
BUT, they're installed, caulked, puttied, sanded, and half way done being painted.  
The last big project and we are moving in and moving on already!

I feel like everything we have done this far has been one big man project, so I splurged a little and went and bought some wallpaper...
I have always wanted a high gloss black wall and I found just the wallpaper for it.
Can't wait to show you once it's up!
But in the meantime, back to the boring man jobs and the millionth trip to Home Depot. 

PS I have re-done the links at the top of my blog titled Our Place, and DIY.  They are much easier to navigate through now.  You can catch up with us on our house journey by going to Our Place or find fun tutorials and recipes under DIY.
I'm quite proud about them, so check them out!  :)