Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Potato Chowder for the Cold Days :)

Okay folks.  I have been on a cooking frenzy up in here!  What better thing to make than Potato Chowder when the weather is getting chilly frighteningly fast?!
Nothing duh.  
My mom used to make this all the time when we were little and I would always look forward to it.  
I have been wanting to make it for awhile and this is what I used...
*10 potatoes (I like a lot of potatoes in my soup :), who doesn't though right!???)
*3 cans chicken broth
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*1 package Philadelphia cream cheese
*1 onion, chopped
*1 red pepper, chopped
*1 pound finely chopped pork
*Lot's of salt and pepper (if that's your thang)
Boil potatoes until cooked.  Meanwhile, on a frying pan, cook pork and chopped onion.  In a separate pan (I know guys, big business, THREE pans for this meal, but it's worth it), combine broth, soup, cream cheese, and chopped pepper.  Bring to a boil and letter simmer.  Once the potatoes are cooked through, use a potato masher to break into small pieces.  Add potatoes and pork and onion to soup mixture.  Mix well, and serve with sliced french bread.  Best soup I've ever had.  Swear!
AND, we ate it for like a million meals and it never got old. 
Good luck!