Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wheat Is Dangerous?

You want to know what's keepin this girl fly these days?  Peanut butter and jelly rice cakes.  BAM.  Lightly salted.  The perfect amount of sweet and salty.  The right amount of goo and crunch.  And most importantly, I don't get a headache like bread often gives me (especially if we're talking about Great Harvest's Cinnamon Burst Bread, but that my friends, is a whole 'nother story).
You've gotta try the PBJ-cake.  
And speaking of bread.  Did you happen to see Dr. Oz yesterday?  They were talking about the dangers of wheat, not gluten, but wheat, and how it's not what it used to be fifty years ago.  It's lost its nutritional value.  They said that no one should be eating wheat with the way it is processed today.  Now I'm a bread lover, and a firm believer that grains were put on this earth for a reason.  But you can get grains in things other than wheat.  I would like to give going off wheat a shot.  Wren's beady little eyes just popped out of his head, I could see them all the way from his work.  Wren... you with me?  I literally just heard him shake his head.  No one loves a cinnamon roll, doughnut, or slice of french toast more than him, poor guy.  
So.. did you see the episode yesterday?  And if so, what are your thoughts?