Monday, March 18, 2013

My Dad's How Old Today???

 
This morning on my way to work I saw a teenage girl on the side of the freeway standing next to her car. I wondered if she was okay but quickly noticed a guy, who appeared to be her Dad, filling up her car with a red gas tank. I knew she was fine. This made me think of my own sweet Dad who did this exact same act for me so many times while I was in high school (What? Cars need gas Dad?) Dads just have the best way of being there when we need them, don't they? Not only was my Dad the guy to bring me gas when I ran out of it, but he was the guy who brought all of us breakfast in bed when we were in high school. He was the guy who came home every day at noon the summer after second grade to put my contacts in because I didn't know how and he wanted me to be able to sleep in. He was the guy who has helped us move so many times, and the guy who came and worked so hard on our house so we could move in. He's the guy who sings through anything he does and the guy who has taken us out to dinner and shopping more times than we care to admit. And he's now the guy who watches my baby and sings crazy songs to him while I workout. I could go on and on, but you get the point. I love my Dad so much it's crazy! 
Happy Birthday Dad!
Best looking 55 year old out there!