Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Homemade Baby Smackins + Link Up!

Nursing is still Radcliff's primary means to eating (and boy is he taking full advantage!) We really only give him solid food when we eat in front of him (because that's just rude not to when he's salivating and fake chewing as he stares at ours mouths, inching in, trying to eat the food right out of it!), and at night to get his tummy nice and full. Whenever we do feed him, it's always kind of an afterthought... "Wren, can you mash up some bananas real quick?" "Sav, steam some squash for Radcliff will you?" ...as we are sitting down to eat which always made me feel guilty because I want the few solid foods that my baby does eat right now to be well thought out and nutritious. So... the other morning as he slept in until 10:30 am (bless that child!), I got down with my bad self and prepared six containers (I bought the $69 baby food at the grocery store for the glass jars) of fresh baby food. 
Here's what I did: 
Cut, peeled,
and steamed
 three apples and three pears (great for constipation!)
Meanwhile, I sauteed some frozen peas...
In the blender I combined a banana,
an avocado, 
a handful of spinach, 
a tablespoon of ground flaxseed (also great for constipation, but don't do too much!),
 two tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut, 
and added the cooked peas and most of the steamed apples and pears. I blended everything up and poured into four of the six jars I had.
After, I blended the remaining apples and pears with some more coconut and cinnamon because sometimes I'm a nice mom like that... :)
(Even though Radcliff preferred the green concoction to this one)
I poured the apple-pear sauce in the remaining two jars and put all of them in the freezer. 
Each jar lasts us two or three days so that's food for a couple weeks!
Radcliff loves both!
What kind of baby foods do you like to make?

Now it's...
Rolled Up Pretty
Link WHATEVER, WHENEVER up! As long as it's cool ;) Just have it be to a specific blog post.
I want to see what you've created, done, eaten, made, worn, or just think is awesome enough you have to share! Please visit a couple others who have linked up as well. We all love some comments right?
Link away....