Monday, July 8, 2013

The 4th, As If You Haven't Seen Enough Of That Already!

First of all, I'd like to make note of the changes that can happen in just one year. Both pictures were taken in the exact same place and at the exact same time, exactly one year apart. The picture on the left is from this 4th of July weekend and Radcliff's just a week shy of being a year old. And the picture on the right there is from the 4th last year and I was nine months pregnant and completely ready to pop! In fact, I was praying the bumpy ride would put me into labor. It was a no go. But wow, good things can happen in a year, right? For one, chubby pregnancy face, yikes. You never realize how homely you were pregnant until it's over! But more importantly, look at the sweet bundle of joy all out of the womb and everything silently screaming, "Put me down Ma, I want to crawl!" He's way better out than in, we could never have imagined someone as sweet or cute as himself. I mean, look at that square little face?

This year was exactly what the 4th should be. We headed up to Wren's sister's new house and swam at their pool with his family and Radcliff's baby cousins. The babies had a blast ripping their knees apart crawling on the cement (Radcliff's fat strawberry knees today!) and just lounging by the pool eating and talking scary food was just what I needed.
The following day, we headed to Utah Lake with my family for what was supposed to be a relaxing day of boating with my family (wait, did I just say relaxing with a one year old? That's hilarious) but that quickly went south due to the terror that is a boat ride in the eyes of my child. Let's just say he was much easier in than he was out in regards to boating. It frightened the daylights out of him and sent us home earlier than we'd like (especially considering getting us, him, and all of our crap out the door took longer than the whole boat excursion itself). Not only was he hot with the freaking life jacket on (I hate infant life jackets, can I just say that?) but every time my dad would hit the gas Radcliff would start screaming and shaking. It was really sad. Oh well, you live and learn! All the rays that weren't caught (by me) and the food my dad brought that wasn't eaten (by me)... It was a cryin shame!
Thanks to both families for the fun times! We've said it before, and we'll say it again. Our families are the cream of the crop. Truly!

Is it just me, or are Mondays after holiday weekends that much harder??? Boo.