Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mango Mint Chicken Salad

Regardless of the fact that it snowed here is Salt Lake yesterday (BOO!), spring has officially sprung. I've been excited to start making fresh fruity salads! I went to lunch the other day with a friend to Blue Lemon and ordered their Mango Mint Chicken Salad and I was blown away by the flavor and fresh taste of it. I knew I had to try and duplicate it at home. And BAM. I did, and am so terribly pleased because I plan on making it lots throughout spring and summer.
Here's how (add however much or little of each of the items below as you like! I add lots of all, but I'm cool like that):
Salad:
- Your favorite lettuce
- Ripe mangoes (chopped)
- Fresh mint leaves (they sell at most grocery stores by the lettuce)
- Feta cheese
- Shredded chicken (I love rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods)
- Avocado
- Onions
Toss all ingredients together and top with this dressing:
Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Fresh pepper
Shake well in sealed container
Enjoy!