Friday, June 20, 2014

Mini Zucchini Pizzas

I came across a couple different versions of these mini zucchini pizzas the other day online and I made my own version of em' using what I had. They were so good and since going off gluten, it's ALWAYS fun to find alternatives to dishes that involve bread/crust. They were super easy and quick too, here's what I did!
Ingredients:
-Zucchinis
-Favorite pizza sauce
-Tomato
-Pepperoni
-Shredded cheese
-Seasonings
-Line sliced zucchini on cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and broil on high for two minutes. Take out of oven, and flip them all over. Brush oil on other side and broil for two more minutes.
-Remove from oven and top with your favorite pizza sauce (I used Trader Joe's Tomato Basil sauce that went really well with it), pepperoni, sliced tomato and cheese. 
-Broil on low for three to four minutes depending on how crispy you like your cheese.
-Top with your favorite seasonings. (I did pizza seasoning and Italian seasoning.)
This is such a fun, healthy alternative to pizza, and really doesn't taste that different. Plus it's a great way to get your veggies in, something I really struggle with! Go try it!