Monday, May 23, 2011

I am 25

I was thinking about the last five years today and how really, it's all just one big blur, and the older I get, the blurrier it gets.  I can't really remember what happened when, and the years just seem to blend into one another.  It's so funny because I can remember being in high school and everything was such a big deal and I remembered everything so vividly.  Who said what about who, and stupid trivial things like that.  Things that were a big deal back then, wouldn't even make me bat an eye today, and if something does have an impact on me, an hour later I will have forgotten it even happened.  Why is this?  Am I pre-menopausal already?  

Turning 25 last year was a groundbreaking moment for me.... it was the realization that I am officially in my mid-twenties.  Again, how did this happen?  Getting from 20 to 25.  I don't remember it happening.  I feel a mix of emotions when I think about it.  I'm happy because I think the older I get, the more I am figuring myself out.  Trust me, I still have a long way to go in that department, but I am understanding the crazy foreign language that is constantly rolling inside my head a little bit better.  With a Cosmetology License and a Bachelors degree, I still have no idea, really, what I want to do.  I do know I want to be Wren's wife and the mom to his babies one day though, and I guess that's all the really matters.  A depressing thought is that my face will never look any younger, my hair will slowly start to grow gray, my butt ain't gettin any tighter....but with them comes wisdom I suppose.  I just remember being 18 and wanting so badly to be in my twenties so people would value my opinion; treat me like an adult.  Now that I'm here, I want to be younger as to not have to feel the pressure of having to have it all figured out.  I want time to STOP.

Here are the last five years in pictures, they help me remember a little bit better what happened.  Thought you might enjoy.  Oh, and please do tell which hairstyle you like the best, I would LOVE to know :)
             
2006
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011

BUT, I am excited for my 30's.  Oprah said they FAR outweigh the 20s.  So...since time will just keep moving forward, bring them on!