Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving?  We sure did.  I'm so mad at myself though, we took hardly any pictures.  We woke up, went on a walk (we don't do 5Ks, we go on leisurely walks on Thanksgiving).  At noon, we went and ate a delicious HUGE meal with my extended family.  My aunts and uncles outdid themselves with yams, turkeys, rolls, and pies.  Later that night we headed to up to Park City to eat another dinner with Wren's two older sisters, their husband's, and the babies.  Carter outdid himself and made the best darned Thanksgiving on the block.  We had crab and spicy sausage stuffing, fresh green bean casserole with bacon, turkey, and orange rolls.  We were dining in style.  Plus Allyssum made some excellent pies, and her and her husband were dressed up as Indians and performed quite the ceremonial number.  It was phenomenal
AND aren't these little turkeys Willow made ADORABLE?  The babies thought they were pure gold.  
Poor things, they were all they could think about.   
It's always good to have a day to reflect on all the things we are thankful for, even though we should notice it daily.  I'm so thankful for my amazing family and for Wren and for my bed and unlimited supplies of food and for the outdoors and this beautiful earth we get to live on.  Life is good.