Friday, April 20, 2012

Day #1 of House Do-over

There are not words in the English language that can adequately describe the hellish state our kitchen was/still is in...  We knew it was going to be a project, but who knew no one had cleaned the inside of any of the cupboards and drawers for 20+ years?  Not us.  Everything was sticky and gooey, and oh my gosh I'm gagging even thinking about it as I eat my breakfast this morning.  Wren was a champ.  He cleaned the kitchen for a good solid 10 hours yesterday (that's not even counting the time he spent taking down all the doors, drape rods, outlet plug/light switch covers, cleaning all the walls, patching holes... etc).  Poor guy was sweating and dry heaving, but somehow not complaining as usual.  Oh honey, the mess you got yourself into when marrying me.  Our life is going to be one big project and this is just the beginning.  And my mom was so sweet too.  She came and helped Wren finish the dreaded kitchen job.  They handed me the clean pieces as I painted them.  I cannot even tell you how many cupboards, drawers,  and shelves (yes I had to paint every last shelf and inside of drawers too because they were just that gross) there are in that kitchen.  They kept coming and coming and coming.  The cupboards/drawers/shelves shown above are only about half of what I had to paint last night.  I painted for a good 8 hours and only got the first coat done on one side.  Kill me now.
Are you guys jealous? 
Don't judge our kitchen too harshly just yet though.  If what we have envisioned is possible (I'm not so sure anymore at this point) it's going to be pretty cool.  
P.S.  Anyone want to come clean our fridge?  I'll pay you.  You think I'm joking, I'm not.  
We're so done with cleaning. 
Call me if you're interested.
OKAY AND NOW FOR A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION...
WHAT COLOR SHOULD WE PAINT OUR BEDROOM?  WE CAN'T DECIDE!
Here is what our bed/bedding looks like.  I would love to do a very light blue gray color but we think it's going to clash with the headboard.  We have considered a light yellow, but I'm not so sure...  We have to start tomorrow so need to just pick already.  
What are you favorite colors for bedrooms?
PLEASE HELP!

Oh and don't forget to enter the giveaway HERE!  Fun stuff!  
Photobucket