Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Place I Liken To Hell- Our Basement + Link Up!

This is happening. And unfortunately in a big, fat, major way. 
We are braving the hell that is our basement. It's ghostly, and ghoulish and the saddest part of all is it took a butt load of work to get it in the ungodly state you are seeing it in. Because once upon a time wood paneling was in style... and that? Is a down right crime. Wren busted his buns to get it down and because we are so ghetto fabulous it's all sitting underneath the snow in our backyard with its friend old kitchen sink, and rigamortised Christmas tree. We are classy. And for those of you who buy a house with an unfinished basement, feel lucky. At least you're dealing with a clean slate, you hear me?!?  
Because I'm such an insanely awesome wife, I made Wren his very own fancy tool belt. Don't be jelly men.  I am.
Oh and I helped Wren carry in fifty slabs of sheetrock too. That deserves a she woman high five especially,  and I mean especially, since the $h!T$ were bundled in twos. Dang those heavy twosomes. Good thing I'm stronger than Wren.  
How attracted to those spiders are you?
Very?
And this my friends was the laundry room I was forced to do laundry in as I said nasty swear words underneath my breath...
I never looked up.  I never looked down.  Only into the washer.
And here's the little tiny bit of progress we've made.
It may not look like much now but picture white cabinets, shiny white back splash, and for crying our loud... real sheetrocked WALLS!
LOTS and LOTS more where this came from to come. Unfortunately. 
Now it's...
Rolled Up Pretty
Link WHATEVER, WHENEVER up!
As long as it's cool ;)
Just have it be a specific blog post link.
I want to see what you've created, done, eaten, made, worn, or just think is awesome enough you have to share!
Please visit a couple others who have linked up as well.
We all love some comments right?
Link away....