Monday, June 3, 2013

Blah, blah, blah, blah...

...1...

...2...

...3...

...4...
...Some things of note from last week...
1. These warm evenings will be the life of me (you like how I interchanged "death" with "life?) Our family walks every night, getting boba drinks, eating at Pie 5, BBQs in our backyard... I just might die and go to heaven. The pessimist in me is already wondering how we'll survive winter? Summer is so good.
2. We swapped Wren's sister our bike trailer for her baby hiking carrier, and boy and boy was Radcliff pleased with it. We hiked for almost three hours on Saturday and he never tired. Just smiled the whole time as the river hypnotized him. He actually did tire at the very end and finally fell asleep all nuzzled into him's dad's neck. We named him Tired Bobble Head at the end there! We'll be hiking at least a couple times a week this Summer, so if you'd like to join, you know.... Call us.
3. The cute older girls in our Primary threw the presidency a Mother-Daughter breakfast on Saturday so I brought my darling daughter Radcliff. She loved it ;)
4. I took Radcliff swimming for the first time with Mema, Allyssum, Lilly, and Iris. Right as we stepped into the water you could tell he was like, "Whoa, Mom, whoa. Not cool." But after a couple minutes he loved it! I dunked him once and he was pretty ticked at me for a second but he bounced right back! Are we loving his speedo? I am.
...And the bad...
I have to work Mondays and boy oh boy did we start the morning off right by waking up late. Radcliff then refused to eat his baby food and showed us by dripping it all the way down his new shirt, the couch, and all over mama's furry blanket that goes fuzzy when she washes it. Meanwhile, Wren was trying to move the bookshelf, that I coerced him into painting for me last night, from the plastic it was on, to a towel so Radcliff wouldn't kill himself on the plastic today... And what do you know? He gets coral paint on our brand new carpet. As I am looking at the food everywhere and Wren's pissed off face as he stares at the carpet, I could feel my blood pressure rise. I got the paint out (thank you Shout It Out!) and ran upstairs to make our granola and yogurt to go. After I got them made, the dumb, stupid, dumb Tupperware (sometimes the only thing to make one feel better is to name call) lid didn't fit, of course. Leave with em anyway, get in the car and already running late, realize I forgot my pump when I'm almost to the freeway. Dumb, stupid, dump... Flip a B and my dumb, stupid, dumb CD's scatter everywhere. Long story long, it was a looooong morning. Shout out to you working moms. You are rockstars! Because working just one day a week will likely make me die ten years younger than I should. 

Happy freaking MONDAY! :)