Thursday, September 12, 2013

Someone's Thinking of ME!?

Wren and I email each other throughout the day (mostly links of ideas we'd like to do to the house, it's a sick obsession) but I was still kind of caught off guard when I saw an email from him with a subject line that read, "Thinking of you." I opened it and read this...

Savannah,
I was driving home from the gym today and thinking of you.  When I am with you I know how much I love you and how lucky I am; but when I am away from you and think of you it overwhelms me how much I really do love you.  I am so lucky to have you in my life and when I picture you it just makes me happy and makes me want to chase you around the house while you do that funny laugh!  I love thinking about what you and Radcliff do all day.  It is very funny to picture you two chilling, cleaning the house, doing some nursums, playing, and sleeping.  It is so nice to know that he is so well taken care of.  Thank you so much for taking care of him and the house.  That is not an easy task to do day after day.  You are the best wife and best mother!
I love you Savvy!    

...I was immediately overwhelmed with happiness. Not only to picture him thinking about haggard old me (I guess you don't really think about your partner thinking about you throughout their day), but that he'd think to go back to work and write an email stating so. I shouldn't have been caught off guard though. Wren's the first to admit that being a stay-at-home mom is one of the toughest jobs out there. It's sometimes hard to see that others who don't stay at home all day can see that it's a lot of work, because it's not like there's anyone at home singing your praise. Some of  the work I do can sometimes seem pointless and feel like it goes unnoticed. "What... you didn't realize I went through every drawer and cupboard in the bathroom today and deep cleaned them? It only took two hours." (okay it only took that long because someone, and we won't name names, Radcliff, felt the need to put everything back into the drawer after I took it out. Yay for little helpers!) But back to my point. And there's five of em...
A. It's nice to hear someone's thinking of you (hopefully your husband;))
B. It's nice to feel validated.
C. People... Go do A and B to your partners! 
D. Wren, I love you.
E. Radcliff, go to bed ;)