Friday, October 4, 2013

My Spin on Nuts About Berries


I don't know about you guys, but I love Zupas' Nuts About Berries Salad. I have been meaning to try and recreate my own for awhile and finally got around to it! I have to say, I like it just as much as their salad, if not more (how could you not like a salad more that you can LOAD to the brim?). Here's how:

Salad-
-1 bag of spinach (or mixed lettuce)
-1 cup strawberries
-1 cup blueberries
-1 cup shredded sweetened coconut (I like A LOT of coconut though)
-2 cups shredded chicken (their salad does not have chicken)
-Slivered almonds
Mix everything in large bowl.

Dressing- (found here)
-1/2 cup white wine vinegar
-1/3 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon dried mustard
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon minced dry onion
-1 cup vegetable oil
-1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Add everything to sealed container and shake, shake, shake!

Pour dressing over salad and devour. You're welcome and happy weekend!!! :)