Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gluten-Free Coconut Cookies

With Christmas right around the corner I wanted to find the perfect gluten-free cookie recipe! I found it in my cookbook, The Gluten-Free Bible, and it truly is one of Wren and I's new favorites. I think we ate all twenty four cookies in two nights. Ya... You'd never, ever, know they were gluten-free and were everything a cookie should be, really soft, and really delicious. 

Here's the recipe if you're so inclined...

1 3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups raisins (or chocolate chips, whatever is your thang)
-Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in separate bowl until well mixed and then add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well combined. Stir in coconut and raisins. Form tablespoon sized balls and drop two inches apart on greased cookie sheet Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (I like my cookies gooey and think I even cooked mine for 14 minutes).

ENJOY!