Monday, January 6, 2014

Ice Castles

Before I start this post, I have to ask if any of you ever saw the 1978 film, Ice Castles? I can't tell you how many times we watched that show growing up, or how many times I sang the theme song as my mom played the piano, or how many times I played it on the piano myself. So every time the the word "Ice Castles" was said this weekend, all I could think of was the words to the song, "Pleeeeease don't let this feeling end! It's everything I am, everything I want to be..."  But, anyway.

This weekend we ventured out to see the Ice Castles in Midway with Wren's sister and her two cute girls, and his brother and his cute girlfriend. They are incredible! The family and the Ice Castles :) Radcliff thought he was a big guy as usual and tried his hardest to walk in the snow, that weirdly enough was the consistency of quick sand. Side note: Wren and I were talking the other day about how we were both terrified of quick sand when we were little. Then we grew big and realized the threat was just not as big of a problem as we would have guessed. Quick sand consistency or not, Cliff Boy Slim was not afraid. We chased the little/big man in his 50 Cent style gangster coat around the entire night, helping him regain his balance every two seconds or so until he'd face plant into the snow for the millionth time. And the black coat at night did not help matters, it actually reiterated the fact that we should indeed leash him. Yes, we are turning into those parents. 

After, we headed to Wren's sister's house for dinner and to let the kids play in the bounce house. Reeeeewind, let the kids attempt to play in the bounce house, but one of us (we won't name names... Radcliff) was too terrified of the noise of the bounce house blower, and left him saying "vacuum" in his irritated voice, over and over and over again. What we thought would be the hit of the night, just wasn't for him. Next time maybe his cajonas will grow big and he'll enjoy!

Hope you all had a great weekend!