Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Lover Boys- An Update!

I just feel this constant guilt that I'm not writing more things down in these golden days of my babies' lives. Though this stage can be so very tiring and exhausting sometimes, honestly, nothing can compare to it's awesomeness. I honestly get a little sick when I think of my boys growing up. I always want imprinted in my mind the way Radcliff's big brown eyes look so deeply into mine, when he comes running into the room yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Guess WHAT!?" And tells me the "cwalest thing EVER!" He's always been pretty into his mama and it breaks my heart a little bit to think forward to a day when it probably won't always be like that. And my Bear boy... I always want to remember the way his little head looks from behind, when he's sitting in his high chair, scavenging his snacks, only to whip it around at the faintest noise of anyone, and flash us his award winning, snaggle-toothed smile. And then he'll scrunch his face all up, pucker his lips, and do the most hilarious sniffing/breathing episode you've ever seen. It can't be described, so I pray this small description above, can jaunt my memory of it in the years to come. I love my boys so much it just hurts!

It's so amazing to watch them play together all day. Bear only has eyes for Radcliff. It's always been that way. He can be whiny or fussy and the second he sees 'brother', his whole face lights up and it's game over. He's content and he's off to play with the big boys! Bear's favorite thing is to play with Radcliff in his playroom. It's like it's his time to shine, baby! They love playing outside with the hose together. The worst is when Radcliff puts the hose right next to Bear's little face and threatens to spray. He gets this malicious little smile like, "I might just do it..." And usually not, but just sometimes, that little three-year old boy inside, gets the better of him, or should I say Bear, and presses that nozzle straight into Bear's face, and it's as if he got blasted with a fire hydrant. The take-your-breath away face that he gets, and  moving of side to side. It's so so sad. And I always just wait for him to start bawling, and I wait and wait, and then nothing. Just a little smirk at brother like, "No you didn't. But... Can we just keep playing???" It's so sad and endearing all at the same time. Radcliff loves to pick Bear up now and carry him all around the house. They're little house travelers and it's just the cutest! Radcliff helps Bear turn backwards to go down the stairs and off they go to the next level of the house together! They play on the bunk beds all day and I'm always keeping an eye out to make sure Bear doesn't climb off the slide when he's almost to the top. He climbs up and slides down that slide for hours. It's hilarious!

Radcliff is loving preschool and doing so well! His classmates range from age three to five, so he's the very youngest, but is keeping right along as I knew he would. I'm so happy he has his little girlfriend, Grey, in his class. I know that is what's making him love it so much. She seriously is so nurturing and sweet with him, which is exactly what he likes and needs when I'm not with him. He told me the other day, "My teachers asked us if we were stuck together." Love picturing them being the cutest of buddies, stuck at the hip. I've had talks with him to make sure he makes an effort to talk to everyone in his class, especially the kids that don't seem like they know anyone yet, and he always says, "Of course Mommy, I can try to do dat." It's been so fun having a little bit of alone time with Bear and also makes me so happy knowing Radcliff's learning so many good skills while he's away! He was soooo ready for preschool!

I was able to break out our big camera, for so much needed pictures of my boys, this morning. I love our lazy mornings together, playing with toys, wrestling, and doing airplane with them! I'm just loving this stage in our lives! As Wren and I were watching them play all night together last night, while we made dinner, he even said, and dare I quote him, "I think we could add another one soon, don't you?" Mhhhh. Food for thought.

Brotherly love and where sharing is caring.
My Everest Bear. I could kiss his dimples five million times and still need more. I'm head over heels for my baby!
 And my handsome Radcliff, it hurts how much I love him!
 My biggest boy learning to go backwards off of furniture, little lover!
Flyin' planes and drivin' cars. everywhere he goes, since mid 2012. 
 His teeth! They kill me!
 Airplane! Rad also loves Jetplane where he stands on my hands and balances with his hands in the air! I just couldn't capture it, you know, cause his feet were on my hands.
Don't be jelly of my toenails.
 And a ride for Bear Boy too!
And then a couple after we were a little more decent...
Love my little lovers! Happy Thursday!