Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Large and in Charge French Toast Breakfast

I don't claim to know much about cooking, BUT I do know this...  
This big old hunk of french toast concoction is to die for.  If I want to suck up to Wren, I cook this for breakfast.  
Best part is, it's SO easy.
Okay first, mix together these things in a bowl:
*6 or so eggs
*3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
*3/4 cup milk
*Dash of allspice
THEN
*Break up like 6 to 8 pieces of bread (it's best if you use soft white bread like the Grandma's whatever it's called bread)
*Spread broken bread out in a greased baking dish
*Pour egg mixture over the top making sure all of the bread is coated real good  
*I like to slice up bananas and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top.  But I'm kind of cool like that.
*Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 minutes.  
Take out and enjoy!
 BUT WAIT!  
You want my dad's homemade syrup recipe?  Okay!  It makes any breakfast like 100 times better and has turned me into a syrup snob.  I can't eat store bought syrup anymore.
How to make:
*Fill up a mug full of sugar
*Hold mug under the tap water for like 2 seconds.  You want just enough water to coat the sugar but no more.  You want it to still be hard to stir the sugar in the mug.  Make sense? 
*Place cup in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.  Watch it though so it doesn't overflow.  No one likes that :)
*Once it comes to a boil.  Take it out and add a cap full of mapeline extract.  Stir and microwave for 1 more minute, watching it again so it doesn't overflow.  
And wala!  You're done.  Poor that bad boy over the french toast bliss and enjoy!
Top with a cool glass of whole milk.  
Then go back to bed.

Photobucket