Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gentleman Onesie Tutorial

I have been dying to make these onesies for my little babe for a awhile now.  Yesterday Jenna and I were at Hobby Lobby and one thing led to another and we ended up snagging everything to make these.
Here's what I did...
I bought two of these:
Hobby Lobby $3.99 each
And this:
Hobby Lobby $4.99
And 1/8 of a yard per each fabric:
Hobby Lobby $4.99 a yard, .62 cents each one
Total Cost: About $15.  
Not bad, especially considering I only used a fraction of the interfacing and fabric.  I could probably make about 10 more onesies with what I have left if I bought more of the onesies themselves.
Now I...
cut out the shapes that I wanted for the tie, suspenders, and bow tie.  Stuck it to the interfacing right side up, cut the interfacing to fit my material, and stuck it to the onesie.  It's nice because the interfacing has a little bit of stick to it, so you can get everything exactly where you want it.  Once everything looks good, iron on for 10 to 20 seconds on cotton setting.    
And wala!
You'll have yourself a very sophisticated look for that special man baby in your life!
Who said boys can't be cute too?
I'm dreaming of striped little leggings underneath, covering chubby little legs.
I can't WAIT!
Photobucket